Friday, November 21, 2014

TURKEY TALK

Tennessee Turkey Trot Races

It's Turkey Time again! Yea! Tennesseans are gearing up all over Tennessee to join in the races. Cold weather is really, really upon us this week. In fact, the warm temperature for today is said to be about 34 degrees. I don't think it made 34 degrees.  And, yes, cold weather, out-of-doors, exercise demands putting on layers to make sure winter winds cannot sweep in and chill you to the core.  My best strategy for a comfy run is layering  with top to bottom thin, thermal, snugly fitting layers. Course, if you're into year round, outside exercise then you probably already know layering for warmth and keeping the wind out is the only way to go.


 Here's my recommendation:  UH, I guess my preference for Brooks anything and everything may be old news to some by now.  However, for those of you who've just happened upon this site...for Winter Running Gear - Thermal tights, cotton socks (i.e., not wool), thermal underwear, turtleneck, gloves, hat, and of course, Brooks Women's Adapt Running Jacket. In my opinion, this jacket is the final word in running jackets for cold weather running! It even incorporates its own facemask (balaclava).

photo credit copyright@brooksrunning.com




BROOKS TECHNOLOGY
What makes Brooks my go to choice for all things running?  Their TECH! What is 3D Fit Print3D HEX LUGS, Ballistic Rock Shield, Guide Rails, and gosh, there is so much more.  I mean, the science at Brooks is unsurpassed in building the best products for runners on the market.  That's my opinion and it's based on a lot of miles on the road.







HAPPY RUNNING AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




No comments:

Post a Comment