Saturday, November 1, 2014

A PROPER THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVE -



THANK YOU!

My cold weather running began while living in Arlington, VA about 1984. You can believe me when I say,  my experience was excellent beginner's training for running in the extreme North! On really cold runs my facemask hat would get completely frozen. But, the more I trained the more I learned to enjoy the run, the outside, and the fun shared with other runners who also understood and appreciated the sport.  

In warm weather while running in Washington, DC, when happening upon a military unit out for a training run around the tidal basin, my running friend and I would run alongside them like small fish do whales and dolphins.  It was great fun to feel the freedom and strength to participate is such a run.

Today, I jogged/walked my own 5K in keeping with the regiment pictured above.  My oldest grandson serves in this regiment.  My son-in-law, youngest daughter's husband serve in the United States Navy.  Such an investment in our country's freedom and liberty, to me,  means all who hold the United States of America as a sacred trust are unbelievably gifted because of those who serve in our regard and  on our behalf.  


 GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU ALL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment