Thursday, November 6, 2014

NOT ALL RUNNERS ARE MARATHONERS

SUN'S UP - copyright@Vicki L. Sullivan

NOT ALL RUNNERS ARE MARATHONERS and that includes me.  While I admire and cheer for runners/joggers/walkers in every strata of the sport, I am not a marathoner.  Being on a road run for 3 hours just isn't my idea of a fun morning.  Certainly, I could see me doing a half-marathon because for a few years my Saturday run was 6 miles into Washington, DC from Arlington, VA and 6 miles back.  That's almost a half. Right?   I think that took me about 2 hours even in my late 30'a and early 40's.  This morning I did the usual 3 mile hiller in about 45 minutes.  And, I have to say, anyone can bend a straw into an alphabetic letter but how many of you can do hills at 68 years?

Happy running, etc. folks!  It's a beautiful day but I'm told, the weather is about to change.  


No comments:

Post a Comment