Friday, December 5, 2014

GEARING UP FOR REINDEER RUNS? YES, IT'S DECEMBER ALREADY!

The fun starts now!  TENNESSEE DECEMBER RUNNING EVENTS.

Did you know we're celebrating Rudolph's first feature length film Christmas Special 50th birthday this year?  Yep, it premiered December, 1964.  WOW! How time flies.  And runner's especially love to celebrate the season with A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS designer race.



Be it a Reindeer Run or a ride on Santa's Sleigh, most everybody loves December,  excepting Scrooge, that is.  The weather's on the plateau been truly great these past 2 weeks with fairly low humidity and temperatures in the 50's or higher during the daylight hours.  Just right for long slow runs!

Slow runner?  I'm certainly qualified for that title.  These days it's difficult to believe I once won my age division in a Fast 5K race because I've now slowed so slow my family describes me as a walker not a runner.   Therewith, I have begun to seriously consider how to best remedy my seemingly ever slowing pace.  Here's one look at slow -   Just the facts, please!  International Association of  Women's Runners. 

So get out there and get going!  Looks like the weather is going to hold throughout the month before winter finally sets in in January. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  

Vicki


No comments:

Post a Comment