Friday, August 19, 2016

NEW BROOKS, RUNNING, AND ROADSIDE CORN

 photo credit@vickilsullivan, 2016

What commonalities exist with, new Brooks, running, and roadside corn?  Well,  other than my experience out this morning while jogging along Post Rd, not much.  I mean, really, there is corn growing alongside the road and even one stalk is now sprouting corn.  Once upon a time, when running with my Little Rock, AR marathon master runner sister, we happened upon roadside trees laden with ripe bounty and did stop to gather all we could carry.  Since the trees were not on private property but along the city curb, we figured we were helping keep the mess to a minimum.  Well, that was the reasoning at the time anyway. 

Personally, I would really love to see communities show their appreciation for those hardy souls who set good examples through running/jogging/and or walking by installing roadside fresh water fountains!  We outside exercise enthusiasts who take to the streets are first line folks helping to build and maintain safe communities for everyone! We're up early and out there in the early morning, all day, and even late into the night getting in those few or many miles which provide for us a clear mind, healthy body, and calm, disciplined, stable life outlook.  I can just see them now with nice little welcoming plaques saying, "Thank you for helping keep our city safe and healthy." 

Ok, now about my new Brooks Glycerin 14's. Have a look!  



My first impression was the design construction seems more contoured than the Glycerin 13.  And, the tred  application is a whole new approach from past models.  

Glycerin 13

My style is to hit first on my heel and then roll forward. The 14's design, though a full 1/4 inch more narrow, to me, seems to ride with better support.  Now, the Glycerin shoe is a neutral support shoe. Still though the construction gives great support with little to no wobble when the heel strikes ground.

Again, I find I have to laud Brooks Running for a great new shoe upgrade AND apologize for going to a competing brand for a season.  I thought the extra padding of the competitors shoe might add to the comfort.  But, instead, I caused a tendon pull in my knee and was out of it for 6 months. 

I'm pleased to be back in Brooks shoes and out on the road Running Happy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment