Thursday, July 30, 2015

HOKA ONE ONE - THE NEW TOP LINE BRAND

HOKA: A Buyer's Guide Best Ride First Place Choice 


BONDI 4

 

Another beautiful morning out there this morning - I jogged out my 3.8 miles in my new HOKA BONDI 4's.  I've been jogging and walking in HOKA's now for about 6 weeks.  And, for me that's long enough to test out their advertising claims. Every time I put these shoes on I am again impressed by the solid feel of my feet being in shoes characterized by 9 ounces of balance, comfort, and overall foot support.

Here's how HOKA describes them:

"With an all-EVA midsole and Early-Stage Meta-Rocker, the BONDI 4 provides a smooth, cushioned ride that is revered for its balance and simplicity. While primarily designed for running on hard, man-made surfaces, the Bondi 4 has just enough traction to play on light trails." The Early-Stage Meta-Rocker is described as "midsole geometry-sculpting with the transition zone placed behind the metatarsal heads. Designed to encourage a smoother ride, and a faster transition to the forefoot."

Fleetfeet Knoxville carries them (ask for them at your local store). Fleetfeet describes the meta-rocker thusly - "...a slight upward curve of the outsole and midsole combined with a stiff forefoot." 

Given all the technology of today's running shoes, HOKA, without a doubt, is leading the pack as the new top line brand of shoes offering a truly unique, running shoe geometry.  And, all the promised benefits are there in the actual shoe. The shoes are lighter than other brands and they provide a comfort above and beyond any shoe I've ever encountered.

My Experience In New Style Running Shoes

They feel unbelievably solid during the foot strike! I was concerned when first putting them on because I didn't have confidence in the sensation of my feet being encased in shoes cut a little higher on the foot and higher off the ground. Once after a few wearings of getting my balance in them, I haven't experienced that again. I have high praises for the shoe engineering!

So far, I have  2 recommendations for improvement - I would like the shoe strings to be longer ( as do most runners, I double knot mine). And, secondly, see those little white module treads? Within 2 weeks of trail and road jogging the small, side cell pads were almost totally worn away.  I'm not really sure the reason for the change in tread composition.  I personally would prefer the same treads for the whole tread system.


Lastly to close this blog post out here's another absolutely, excellent HOKA feature. Those nice loops on the shoe back, they are a true convenience and greatly help in settling nicely into the shoes!

MY FAVORITE  HOKA BOAST 

"HOKA ONE ONE is a shoe for all runners, from joggers to elite athletes looking to improve their performance. We continue our pace, leading the running revolution. Please join us on our journey and keep running."





No comments:

Post a Comment