Thursday, May 28, 2015

RUNNING - BELIEVE IT: ALL RUNNING SHOES ARE NOT ALIKE

Brook's Pure Cadence, Glycerin, & Trance


Running is rarely an easy task; or so it seems, past age 5.  When first beginning running after the birth of my 4th daughter, I fatigued out at  a 2 mile plateau.  Then my marathon, running sister informed me I had to get past the two mile marker and all would be better.  I pushed past; the endorphins kicked in getting me to my max milage, depending upon the day, of between 6-12 miles. 

The next hill, I learned,  was getting shoes designed for everyday running workouts. Never fool yourself, all running shoes are not alike! That's when I settled into Brook's; though not before going through the whole pack of advertized brands. Through the years, I've continued to check out running shoes to discover if maybe I needed to change brands.  The only brand I've seen near to comparing with Brook's is the HOKA ONE ONE. Stay tuned!

 Now, once again, I find myself struggling to get past 3. My speed is way off, and, I like my shoes to feel good each and every step of the way. Barefoot, for me, is not in the future. Thank you very much.

Runner's World Shoe Myth Advise.

Runner's World's above linked article recently published by Jonathan Beverly is  a fairly comprehensive look at the how, why, and what of running shoe choices. Thanks Jonathan! I hope it gets a wide reading.

Happy Running! Stay Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment