Monday, June 20, 2016

JUST FOR THE LOVE OF RUNNING


After a slow jog downhill early this morning and looking up from focusing intently on the path before me, this view unexpectedly appeared showing the top of a majestic mountain in the distance.  Ever notice how small children seem to rather be running than walking?  After years of pursuing running as my preferred form of exercise, I'm convinced my love of running is a solid determination not to ever again lose the joy such childlike simplicity running brings to a moment by moment living of life.

The love of running does appear to leave when adulthood is overshadowed by the more pressing desires of preforming and competition to achieve something or other. Running, for me, means ignoring all that distracts from the joy of living life and staying in the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment