Monday, November 9, 2015

RUNNING THROUGH THE PAIN

Running through whatever life brings into the path.  For me, since August this has meant learning how to live with and recover from my first bout of Runner's Knee.

Photo credit: Public Domain@wikipedia.com

I've been reading a lot of articles like this, and this, and this.  Doctors visits x2 and finally after months of coping, I think it's getting better.  There's lots already written on the subject if you happen to be interested. My only thought is it might have been helpful to have been aware of the problem before I experienced it myself.

I've run through pain before.  In my first years of running most runs were with a running partner. We ran through my Dad's death, and her Mom's death. Those weren't easy running days but running with a friend in Christ made all the difference in helping us get through the pain of exchanging earthly ties for heavenly ones. And, like the runner's in the article linking in the first line of this blog post, I've found myself caught in a few storms thankfully to arrive safely back to shelter from the storm.

And, laced up my BROOKS  and back jogging this morning! Light dawned on me while doing the first 2.14 miles in several months - that being; I've never before been in a length of time jogging or running without also doing cross-training to strengthen supporting muscles.  (linked articles speak well to this)


The sunshine was a glory this morning! The temperature was cool, fresh, just right for jogging after the rain.  I hope writing about this latest "running through," might help you along the your journey running the road as well!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment