Friday, February 20, 2015

12 DEGREES ON A SNOW-ICE DAY

TO RUN OR NOT TO RUN?

Seems that's always the question when the weather drops to freezing  and below.  I've always been amazed by folks who would spend lots to go on a vacation spree to find snow and then refuse to go out in it when it is in their own environment.

Seems it didn't matter much to my parents if it was ice or snow; we were bundled up with hats, heavy coats, gloves, and boots and instructed to, "Go out and play."  And, we did. Guess that's why when Mother Nature gives me ice and snow - even a little rain (without lightening, please), I still grouse about some then get on the gear and get outside. 

These days I have to set my own vegetable soup to cooking (just like Mama used to do); though everything else in pretty much the same. These  days I don't move quite as fast and when Mama was doing the cooking; though everything else is pretty much the same.

And, out I went this morning...."crunch, crunch, crunch," I went enjoying the sound of my feet in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment